Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For support and advice about council services please call 01926 410410.

If you are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and need support call the Hotline on 0800 408 1447

Apply for a hoarding or crane/access arm licence

An application form must be completed and returned not less than three working days before it is intended to place the temporary structure on the highway.

It may be useful to call your local Area Office and discuss your requirements because the situation can be quite complex.

A check will either have to be made on our map based system or a site visit may be required to assess whether it is safe to place a temporary structure in a particular location.

From 1 June 2019, a payment for £142 should be submitted with the application unless your company has been approved for a monthly account. The fees for all the licences are non-refundable.

Public liability insurance cover of not less than £5m is required.

Submission of a form and payment does not mean permission has been granted and no temporary structure may be put on the highway without a licence being granted first.

To apply please complete and return a WCC hoarding, access arm and crane application (DOC, 484 KB) to your local area office.

If granted:

  • the licence will give details of the required standard of signing and guarding to be provided and the clearances to be maintained on or over the highway
  • the structure must not obstruct access to statutory undertakers equipment and plant

A penalty charge of £200 will apply for any illegal structure found to be erected or retained on or over the highway without Warwickshire County Council's permission.