Under the Land Drainage Act 1991, consent is needed to build a culvert or structure (such as a weir) to control the flow of water on any ordinary watercourse.

There is a charge of £50 for each structure or operation for applications made under the Land Drainage Act.

Applying for consent

Please download and complete the application form, along with any supporting evidence, for ordinary watercourse land drainage consent and return it to:

Flood Risk Management
PO Box 43
Shire Hall
CV34 4SA

Application forms and guidance