About the restrictions and vouchers
Vehicle and trailer restrictions apply at all household waste recycling centres in Warwickshire. The voucher scheme enables some residents to use vehicles otherwise excluded by the vehicle and trailer restrictions.
Vouchers are only valid for residents whose sole means of transport is a small car-derived van or pick-up. If another unrestricted vehicle is registered to the same address, vouchers will not be issued.
These restrictions apply to vehicles carrying household waste. Commercial waste is accepted on a chargeable basis.
The following vehicles are restricted:
- van or pickup up to 2.2 tonnes: six vouchers per year
- caravanettes, people carriers and minibuses if seats are removed: four vouchers per year
- twin cab pick-up or large 4×4 between 2.2 and 3.5 tonnes: four vouchers per year
- commercial vehicle over 2.2 tonnes: chargeable where vehicle permitted on site (please check before arriving)
- van and trailer: chargeable where vehicle permitted on site (please check before arriving)
- pick-up and trailer: chargeable where vehicle permitted on site (please check before arriving)
Vehicles that fall within the 4×4 category, including Range Rovers, will be treated as a car and will not require a voucher, provided they have windows in the sides of the rear compartment and have rear seats.
Trailers up to 2.5 metres in length are permitted for the disposal of unaccompanied compostable green waste on weekdays before 12 noon (not bank holidays). Besides a maximum of 2.5 metres, trailers qualifying for this exemption should also be un-braked, single axle and 750kg maximum gross weight.
Visitors to the recycling centres whose vehicles aren’t eligible for free vouchers may be able to deposit waste materials as paid-for commercial waste. Alternatively information on private disposal sites can be found in the yellow pages.
Trailers with an internal bed length up to and including 1.83 metres (6 feet) pulled by a car are accepted also un-braked, single axle and 750kg maximum gross weight.