Walking for 30 minutes a day or more, several times a week is a great way to improve or maintain your overall physical and mental health. Why not try some of our suggested, and favourite, walks listed below. And remember to stay safe with our 5 top tips:
- Plan and prepare route beforehand.
- Stay alert and pay attention, avoid distractions.
- Walk on pavements when provided. If there is no pavement, walk on the right-hand side of the road so that you can see oncoming traffic.
- Use safe crossings where possible and always follow the Road safety Code.
- Wear bright clothing or reflective accessories to help other road users see you.