Supporting the Covenant
There are a number of ways organisations and individuals can support the Covenant:
- signing a Covenant pledge
- gaining an award through the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
- participating in events such as Armed Forces Week/Day, Remembrance Sunday and others
- signing the Armed Forces Covenant.
Organisations (public, private and voluntary) can make an Armed Forces Covenant pledge here.
Pledges can cover the following:
- be an Armed Forces friendly organisation
- support the employment of veterans and service leavers
- offer flexibility in leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after deployment
- support reservist employees, allowing leave for training and deployment
- offer discounts to members of the armed forces community
Defence employer recognition scheme
This scheme encourages employers to support the Armed Forces and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the Armed Forces community and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Participating in events
There are a number of national and local events that members of the public can support such as:
- Flag Raising and Reserves Day during Armed Forces Week (third week of June)
- Armed Forces Day (third Saturday in June)
- Remembrance Day/Sunday (11 November)
- Bramcote open day (third Saturday in July)