We want all our children and young people to lead a fulfilling life and be part of their community.
As part of the SEND and Inclusion Change Programme we aim to provide every child with access to high quality education so they can achieve their full potential. Working together with our partners, we aim to improve the outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) by promoting inclusion in mainstream settings, giving schools the skills and resources to meet the needs of learners and building the confidence of parents and carers.
To help up to achieve this vision we have co-produced a SEND and inclusion strategy with parent carers, young people, education providers and professionals from social care, health and education.
Together we identified a number of key priority areas to focus on, including:
- Improve outcomes for our children and young people with SEND by changing the conversation in local schools.
- Intervening earlier and providing clear pathways of support, taking decisions in a clear, fair and transparent way by reforming our decision-making panels.
- Ensuring that systems are sustainable, so that we are working within our allocated funding. This includes investing in new SEND provision in mainstream schools and specialist provision.
- Securing education, employment and training and young people with SEND (aged 16-25).
- More information on the SEND Local Offer in Warwickshire
- If you would like to make any suggestions, ask any questions, or receive further information, please email the SEND and Inclusion Change Programme at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the single place for all information that helps children, young people and their parents to understand what services and support they can expect from a range of local agencies.
- SEND Change Programme Report and Appendix (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Dedicated Schools Grant Recovery Plan With Appendices July 2020 (PDF, 568 KB)
- 29 March 2021 (Updated)
- 10 June 2021
- 8 July 2021
- 23 September 2021
- 14 December 2021