Small Supports programme
The Small Supports programme seeks alternative ways of delivering personalised support for those who have complex support needs. This includes autistic people and those with learning disabilities. The National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) recognised that for many people with disabilities, seeking a ‘one-size-fits-all' approach to services does not help provide a holistic solution for the person.
We want to ensure that those who are at risk of admission to a mental health inpatient setting or having to move out of their residency area have access to bespoke and specialist support. These people can benefit from more person-centred care and support that is delivered by skilled providers in their local area.
Setting up a Small Supports organisation
We are actively looking for people who are interested in exploring the opportunity of setting up their own Small Supports organisation. You will need to be values-driven, creative, caring, and passionate about supporting people to live a great life.
How we can help Small Supports organisations
To enable and encourage small supports, we will:
- Reach out to individuals and providers who might be interested in establishing a small supports organisation through this market testing opportunity
- Provide tools and advice on how to set up and run an organisation
- Connect these people to established national small supports leaders and organisations and each other locally
- Offer the business planning and development support that they need
- Work with providers to support with quality and other training needs
- Facilitate access to the support offer provided by the NDTi through their national Small Supports programme.
- Our commitment is to listen to and work in partnership with Small Support providers.
Small Supports principles
Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care System support the principles of Small Supports agreed by a number of existing Small Supports organisations, and we are seeking to support emerging organisations that embrace all of these principles.
Book onto an information session
We will be holding an information session where we will outline Small Supports, our ideas and discuss your questions.
This session is aimed at anyone who would like to know more about this opportunity and is interested in setting up a small supports organisation.
Please note the advertised information session date has been changed to Monday 9 October 2023 at 12pm on Microsoft Teams
To book onto an information session, please email email@example.com and you will be sent an invitation.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a member of the team will arrange to contact you for an informal chat.