Free online guides for parents
Parents and carers are now able to access three free online guides for parents.
The guides have been designed by the NHS and are part of the Solihull Approach programme which supports parents and carers to build positive relationships with their infants and children.
Promotional resources for all professionals
- FAQs for professionals (PDF, 340.47 KB)
- Training briefing sheet (PDF, 522.87 KB)
- Flow chart of steps for parents to access course (PDF, 382.7 KB)
- A7 leaflet (PDF, 2.52 MB)
- A4 posters (PDF, 9.67 MB)
- Presentation for professionals (PDF, 1.01 MB)
- Online Guides for parents and parents-to-be (PPTX, 950.16 KB)
- Short promotional video for parents and carers
- Solihull Approach GP Slides (PPTX, 2.2 MB)
Promotional resource pack for schools and early year settings
- Resource pack (PDF, 6.81 MB)
- 2a Understanding your child (PDF, 963.19 KB)
- 2b Understanding your child A5 (PDF, 842.34 KB)
- 2c Understanding your baby (PDF, 955.72 KB)
- 2d Understanding your pregnancy (PDF, 617.89 KB)
- 2e Email (PDF, 74.29 KB)
- 2f FAQ (PDF, 1.98 MB)
For printable versions of these materials please contact email@example.com.
We are looking for parents to make a difference
The Smart Start programme has given voice to over 1,127 parents in Warwickshire. Becoming a parent can have a major impact on your mental health and well-being. Some of the findings include:
- 1 in 5 women in Warwickshire experience mental health issues in pregnancy or the first year after birth;
- more than 1 in 10 expectant or new dads develop mental health issues; and
- mental health issues can affect the relationship between parent/s and infant.
In response to these findings, a steering group has been set up to support the mental health and well-being of parents and their infants. The group will involve parents with recent experience, so Making Space is setting up a network to work alongside the steering group.
For more information please call Making Space Co-Production Warwickshire on 01926 679207.