Free online guides for parents
Parents and carers are now able to access three free online guides for parents.
The guides have been designed by the NHS and are part of the Solihull Approach programme which supports parents and carers to build positive relationships with their infants and children.
Promotional resources for all professionals
- FAQs for professionals (PDF, 340 KB)
- Training briefing sheet (PDF, 523 KB)
- Flow chart of steps for parents to access course (PDF, 383 KB)
- A7 leaflet (PDF, 2.52 MB)
- A4 posters (PDF, 9.67 MB)
- Presentation for professionals (PDF, 1.01 MB)
- Online Guides for parents and parents-to-be (PPTX, 950 KB)
- Short promotional video for parents and carers
- Solihull Approach GP Slides (PPTX, 2.2 MB)
- Short promotional video for professionals
Promotional resource pack for schools and early year settings
- Resource pack (PDF, 6.81 MB)
- 2a Understanding your child (PDF, 963 KB)
- 2b Understanding your child A5 (PDF, 842 KB)
- 2c Understanding your baby (PDF, 956 KB)
- 2d Understanding your pregnancy (PDF, 618 KB)
- 2e Email (PDF, 74 KB)
- 2f FAQ (PDF, 1.98 MB)
For printable versions of these materials please contact [email protected].
We are looking for parents to make a difference
The Smart Start programme has given voice to over 1,127 parents in Warwickshire. Becoming a parent can have a major impact on your mental health and well-being. Some of the findings include:
- one in five women in Warwickshire experience mental health issues in pregnancy or the first year after birth
- more than one in ten expectant or new dads develop mental health issues
- mental health issues can affect the relationship between parent(s) and infant
In response to these findings, a steering group has been set up to support the mental health and well-being of parents and their infants. The group will involve parents with recent experience, so Making Space is setting up a network to work alongside the steering group.
For more information please call Making Space Co-Production Warwickshire on 01926 679207.