Careers leader support
Warwickshire Employability Charter
Skills for Employment helps businesses tackle skills shortages and enables young people to become work-ready. Since 2015, more than £2 million has been awarded in grants to businesses, colleges and schools to achieve this.
More than 600 businesses have taken part so far and more than 30,000 careers and employability activities have been delivered so far.
Following the success and impact of the programme, the Council has made an additional £600,000 available for the period 2018-20. To find out how you can get involved, please call 01926 418027 or e-mail email@example.com
Achievements to date
Business/Education Contact Lists
The benefits to businesses of recruiting young people directly from schools and colleges are widely recognised. For example businesses can save around £5,000 each time they recruit in this way (ACAS recruitment guide).
More than 1,000 young people aged 16-18 leave Warwickshire schools and colleges each year. Many more young people aged 19+ complete vocational courses at colleges and seek work. Many more ‘A’ level students are choosing a job with further training instead of going to university.
To help businesses link with local secondary schools, we’ve created these lists showing the contact details for the Careers Leader in each school.
- North Warwickshire Borough:North Warwickshire – Business & Education Contacts (PDF, 1.36 MB)
- Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough:Nuneaton & Bedworth – Business & Education Contacts (PDF, 1.43 MB)
- Rugby Borough:Rugby – Business & Education Contacts (PDF, 1.48 MB)
- Stratford-on-Avon District:Stratford-on-Avon – Business & Education Contacts (PDF, 1.46 MB)
- Warwick District:Warwick – Business/Education Contacts (PDF, 912.24 KB)
Please note these contact lists will be updated with changes and additional schools regularly.