Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If you need Covid-19 related support please call the Hotline on 0800 408 1447.

For support and advice about council services please call 01926 410410.

Information for social workers

School moves and admissions

Before any school move is considered the Virtual School must be consulted.

Admissions for school places vary slightly according to local authority and the correct procedure must be followed to avoid delays.

Education, health and care plans (EHCPs)

Annual reviews need to be arranged by education settings. The local authority in which the child resides is responsible for ensuring that needs are being met, except in the case of 52-week placements where the responsibility is retained by Warwickshire.

Alternate Provision

Alternative provision is

  • education arranged by Local Authorities for learners who, because of exclusion, illness or other reasons, would not otherwise receive a suitable education.
  • education arranged by schools for learners on a fixed period exclusion
  • and learners being directed by schools to off-site provision to improve their behaviour

In Warwickshire, young people will have access to this service once it is deemed that their needs cannot be met at their current school. CLA will be referred by their school should it be felt that their needs are best met in alternative provision.

One-to-one tuition

Pupils with a school place may receive one-to-one tuition in order to catch up missed learning or accelerate progress. It is expected that the school will arrange the tuition so that it can be aligned to the school’s curriculum provision.

Pupils without a school place for an extended period, such as if specialist provision is being sought, may be provided with tuition in order to maintain academic progress.

PEP reviews

Designated teachers take the lead for PEP reviews but social workers need to be present and ensure that termly reviews take place.
Access to the ePEP system and individual records is administered by the Virtual School.