Rural Warwickshire is home to 169,000 residents and 37% of our businesses. While economically rural Warwickshire makes up 34% of the county’s total output (3.9 billion), more than double the UK average.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to supporting a vibrant and diverse rural economy. One which provides a sustainable future for all those who live and work in our rural areas, now and in years to come.
Our Rural Growth Plan, highlight’s the achievements and successes, and focus efforts on priority issues, which may hinder growth, in order that we can pursue a thriving and diverse rural economy.
- WCC Rural Growth Plan 2017 2020 (PDF, 40.63 MB)
- Appendix – rural profile (PDF, 415.69 KB)
- Rural area map (PDF, 357.56 KB)
- Rural profiles in pictures (PDF, 8.8 MB)
- Warwickshires rural economy background 2016 (PDF, 392.7 KB)
- Coventry & Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership (CWLEP) Strategic Economic Plan
- DEFRA – Towards a one nation economy: A 10-point plan for boosting rural productivity