Meet the Localities & Partnerships Rugby Area Team
- Charles Barlow – Area Team Manager (Rugby Borough)
- Jennifer McCabe – Localities and Communities Officer (Rugby Borough)
- Aqeel Kapasi – Community Development Worker (Rugby Town Priority Neighbourhoods)
- Rob Sabin – Community Development Worker (Rugby Town Priority Neighbourhoods)
- Asmaa Ahmedabadi – Service Support Officer
- VACANT – Area Administrative Assistant
Grants and Funding
- The WCC Councillors Grant Fund 2018-19 (first round) will be open for applications until 5pm on Friday 31st August 2018. Full details can be found on our website.
- For further information regarding Rugby Borough Council grants: Rugby Borough Council Grants
The community development team work in five targeted neighbourhoods in Rugby:
- Rugby Town Centre
Need information? Notice any issues? Got any ideas? Want to get involved? Come along to one of the drop-in sessions.
If you’re a new worker in the area looking to make new contacts or a member of the public looking for information on local services, please do call in to see us at these drop-ins.
Drop-ins are currently running in Brownsover and Newbold. Details can be found on the Drop-ins for Information, Advice or Support poster in the Information section below.
Networking lunches run throughout the year in all five priority neighbourhoods for local community groups and voluntary sector organisations. These events are an opportunity to make new contacts, share information about current projects and identify possible partnership working opportunities.
We also organise annual networking events for the leaders of community parent and toddler groups, the leaders of older people’s groups in Rugby, and community and voluntary sector organisations in Rugby town centre.
Upcoming events include:
- Networking Lunch for Newbold – Early 2018 – date to be confirmed.
- Please get in touch if you would like to attend any of the above events.
We produce a number of information emails which are outlined below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the mailing list to receive any of these. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Community Information Update – 8-page document outlining community development activity, community news and events from the five priority neighbourhoods, events, activities and training in wider Rugby, and useful organisations, resources, funding opportunities and consultations across Warwickshire (most recent edition is below)
- Welfare Reform Resources – fortnightly email with attachments on the following subjects: Benefits, Finances & Budgeting, Wellbeing, Mental Health & Safeguarding, Advice & Advocacy, Practical Support, Computers, Jobs & Training, Housing & Fuel Poverty
- Family Support – Community information related to families and young people, sent out five times per year with attachments
- Older People – Community information related to older people, sent out three times per year with attachments
- Community Food – Food Budgeting, Edible Gardening, Community Cooking and Health Eating, sent out three times per year with attachments
Here are some useful leaflets and posters about community services across Rugby which are regularly updated.
These leaflets provide useful information about local organisations, groups and agencies that provide activities, advice, and services which may support you. We provide the information for you in good faith and make every effort to keep it accurate and up to date but we cannot guarantee this and so it is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the information before use. Some of the information may be provided by a third party or have links to external sites. We are not responsible for this content and, again, you need to satisfy yourself that the information is correct.
- Rugby Local Information Resources (this details all of the email bulletins and information leaflets available through the community development team) – RugbyInformationResources2018 (PDF, 370.46 KB)
- Drop-ins for Information, Advice & Support – Rugby Drop-ins Sep-Dec 2018 (PDF, 1.05 MB)
- Work Clubs in Rugby – Job clubs 2018 (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- Lunch Clubs, Community Cafes and Coffee Mornings in Rugby – Lunch clubs Autumn 2018 (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- 50+ Exercise Classes in Rugby – Exercise Classes for Ages 50+ in Rugby (pdf, 115 Kb)
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Support in Rugby – 2018 mental health and wellbeing support in Rugby (pdf, 391 Kb)
- Rugby Community Cooking Resources – cookingresourcescompressed (PDF, 984.33 KB)
- Community Information Update No. 68 – CIU No 68 mid-September to end of October 2018 (PDF, 705.56 KB)
- Summer Activities 2018 – Summer activities 2018 leaflet (PDF, 2.32 MB)
- Parent & Toddler Leaflet – Parent and toddler leaflet Feb18 (pdf, 1,117.4 Mb)
- Connect with English – Connect with English 2018 (PDF, 1.25 MB)
- Suggested Speakers list for Older People’s Groups – Suggested Speakers for Older People’s Groups in Rugby for 2018 (pdf, 151 Kb)
- Activities & Support for People Living with Dementia – Activities and Support for People Living with Dementia Leaflet (pdf, 566 Kb)
For further information, contact Jennifer McCabe in the Rugby community development team:
- Phone 01788 533656
- Email email@example.com