Changes to free school meals due to coronavirusMore information on changes to free school meals due to coronavirus.
The Warwickshire local welfare scheme helps our most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help.
The scheme provides basic and essential help for food and energy. This is given either in emergency food parcels or with credit for energy. It is not a cash benefit.
Who is eligible?
- you must be a legal resident in the UK
- aged 16 or over
- have no other access to funds or enough resources to pay for food or heat
- your situation poses a serious health or safety risk to you or your immediate family
- you have been a resident of Warwickshire for the last six months or three of the last five years
- if you are a member of the armed forces and do not meet residency criteria, you should demonstrate a strong connection to Warwickshire
Who is not eligible?
- someone in hospital, or a care home unless their discharge is imminent
- someone subject to immigration control by virtue of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- applicants or their immediate family who have received three awards for food and energy within a 12-month period
- applicants or their immediate family who have received 2 awards for household goods or clothing
- prisoners and people lawfully detained
- someone from abroad who fails or would fail the habitual residence test for the purpose of welfare benefits
Other help available
The scheme also offers help to those whose needs are more long-term, who are vulnerable through an ongoing set of circumstances rather than an immediate crisis.
- care leavers
- victims of domestic violence
- former armed forces personnel
- those resettling in a community after a custodial term
This help may take the form of furnishing accommodation with basic furniture and appliances.
The local welfare scheme will also direct customers to other agencies and organisations who can offer help and support.
Please call one of our trained advisors. They will ask questions about your circumstances that you must answer honestly.
If you qualify,
- we will give you a voucher and you will be able to collect your food parcels from one of the scheme’s partners in your area, or
- we will provide you with an energy voucher to top up your energy meters.
Warwickshire residents can apply by:
- Calling 0800 4081448 or 01926 359182
- Email [email protected] with your name and telephone number and we will call you back.