Love your library? Why not volunteer?
We offer an enjoyable and empowering experience for enthusiastic and committed people. Depending on your role you’ll either be working directly with the Warwickshire public or supporting those that do.
All core library work is carried out by staff, but volunteers take on a range of roles that help us add value to our communities, such as children’s activities, helping people use computers, discovering family histories and supporting our home library service.
Could you be a library volunteer?
Our volunteers talk about their volunteering experience.
What’s in it for you?
- opportunity to meet new people
- learn new and enhance current skills
- improve your CV and future job prospects
- gain a sense of pride and satisfaction from helping others in your local community
- help to sustain our library and information service
What we offer
- a variety of flexible and regular volunteering opportunities
- a welcoming environment and induction to the service and the role
- training and support in the volunteer role
What we expect from you
- to attend as agreed, and let us know when you can’t
- to participate in the induction process and any training required for the role
- to raise any concerns relating to your volunteer role with your named contact
- to abide by the service’s policies and procedure, including health and safety and confidentiality