Warwickshire Governor Services provide a Professional Development Programme for all Governors, Trustees, Headteachers and School Governance Professionals in Warwickshire. The programme offers a wide range of courses which focus on improving and developing skills and knowledge.
Courses are held across Warwickshire but governing boards also have the opportunity to request a specific in-house training session or a facilitated self-review of governance.
A telephone and email helpline provide governing board members with access to comprehensive, professional and advisory support together with specific guidance regarding statutory responsibilities of governing boards and best practice.
An extensive range of resources is available on the WES Resource Library and GovernorHub which complement the wide selection of training opportunities the Professional Development Programme provides.
Schools/academies can choose to subscribe to:
- Professional Development Programme for Governors, Trustees, Headteachers. Governance Professionals and Clerks 2022 - 2023 (PDF, 1012 KB)
- The key for School Governors
- NGA Learning Link
- Clerking Service (see page 5 of the programme) (PDF, 933 KB)
- Complaints, grievance and exclusion panel meetings
- Website audits
- External review of governance
- Clerks accreditation programme
To purchase any of the Governor Services traded services packages see Warwickshire Education Services.