The role of the clerk to the governing board of a school or an academy is a unique and important one, and clerks need high-quality support and advice in order to carry out their jobs effectively on behalf of their schools and the governing board.
The purpose of the clerk’s role is to:
- provide advice to the governing board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- provide effective administrative support to the governing board and its committees
- ensure the governing board is properly constituted
- manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
- provide advice, guidance and support to the Chair of Governors and Head Teacher.
Work for us
A clerk is a valuable and valued member of our team. If you are interested in becoming a clerk to a governing board in Warwickshire, and you believe you have the skills we are looking for, we would really like you to contact us as we are always looking for good clerks to join our service.
The role of a clerk offers the opportunity for flexibility in working life along with the satisfaction that you are contributing to the development of the school community. Initial training and on-going support are offered to all clerks that join us giving them the opportunity to gain the knowledge and confidence they need to apply their skills to a school setting.
You can find current vacancies via www.wmjobs.co.uk or direct from the school.