‘Working in partnership, celebrating success, aiming for excellence’
The Warwickshire Education Strategy (2018-2023) is driven by the County Council’s One Organisational Plan 2020 and sets out an overarching vision for education in Warwickshire. The main aim of the strategy is to improve educational outcomes, and therefore the life chances, of learners of all ages in Warwickshire.
- summarise our aspirations and priorities for education in Warwickshire
- explain how the council will work with partners to achieve these
- bring together the work of different teams with partners so that services are more joined-up
- continue to improve education quality and learner outcomes at a time of financial challenge
- support innovation through creative and inspiring partnership working
- WE1: Our challenge is to foster children’s love of learning from birth through early childhood and into Year 1 so that all young children achieve their potential.
- WE2: Our challenge is to promote a broad, empowering and creative curriculum, focusing on times of transition, and prioritising vulnerable groups.
- WE3: Our challenge is for all learners to enjoy a high quality learning experience.
- WE4: Our challenge is to champion employability by promoting the best opportunities for all learners.
A suite of documents have been produced to provide clear information on the strategy and how it will be delivered. Some of these are ‘live’ documents that will be reviewed and updated throughout the life-cycle of the Strategy. These are available to view and download at the top of this page in ‘Documents and downloads’.
Included in this suite of six documents is the Education Strategy Sign Up document. Partners are encouraged to show their commitment to the Education Strategy by adding their name to the document which will be added to on a rolling basis during the life of the Strategy. The delivery plan and performance monitoring framework will be updated throughout the lifecycle of the strategy.
If you would like to ‘sign up’ to the Strategy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Improvement Strategy
The School Improvement Strategy underpins the WE3 priority in the Education Strategy and sets out Warwickshire’s approach to school improvement where system leaders are responsible for leading and driving school improvement.Warwickshire School Improvement Strategy (PDF, 191.94 KB)
Education Sufficiency Strategy
The Sufficiency Strategy sets out how the Council plans for and anticipates the growth in demand for school places. It looks at how to maximise the use of funding in the local area to ensure high quality, accessible school and early years places for all learners.Education Sufficiency Strategy (PDF, 16.17 MB)
SEND and Inclusion Strategy
A consultation on the new SEND and Inclusion Strategy is planned for Autumn term 2018.