- Warwickshire Music Service
- Privacy notice
Last updated: 9 December 2022
The following privacy notice applies to Warwickshire County Council’s Music Service. It should be read in addition to the council’s overall Customer Privacy Notice.
- Purpose for processing
The Warwickshire Music service provides support and advice on all aspects of music education to Warwickshire schools and settings. It is the lead organisation for the Warwickshire Music Hub and responsible for funding administered by Arts Council England. Our services include:
- Instrumental and vocal lessons
- Instrumental hire to parents and schools
- Workshops and staff training
- Music centre groups
- Music events, such as tours and concerts
- Music therapy
We will process your personal information for the purposes of:
- Recording attendance
- Providing progress reports
- Providing training
- Providing music therapy
- Instrument hire
- Instrumental and vocal tuition
- Membership of Warwickshire Hub groups
- Application for remission of fees
- Health & Safety
- Providing equal opportunities
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
We process the following personal information:
- Personal and Family details (name, address, date of birth, gender) of pupils, parents/carers, and teachers – where applicable. For music therapy services family circumstances, including information on siblings, will also be noted where applicable.
- Personal Reference Numbers (Unique Pupil Number and Teacher DBS number) – where applicable
- Contact details (email, phone numbers, mailing address; emergency contact details) of pupils and parents/carers – where applicable. For Music Therapy name and contact details of referrer will be obtained, which could be parent/carer or health professional.
- School Name – where applicable, i.e. for school and music centre tuition, name of employer if school staff booked onto one of our training sessions
- Music skills – instruments played and grade levels, if applicable
- Financial details for processing payments
- Lifestyle and social circumstances – if applying for remission of fees we will need confirmation of financial status which will include documenting whether in receipt of Free School Meals, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Universal Credit. It will include, where applicable, whether you are a looked after child (in care). Details on who can claim Fee Remission can be found here: www.warwickshiremusichub.org/payments-remissions-and-help-for-families
- Photos and videos, with documented consent
- Dietary Requirements – i.e., when attending certain music courses/events, and professional development training course.
- Medical/health information – where applicable, i.e. allergy information.
Depending on how you interact with the service, we may receive this information directly or via third party, i.e. your school when in relation to school tuition or Warwickshire Hub partners in relation to Music Groups.
Our lawful basis for processing this personal information is:
We also process some sensitive (special category) information, which may include but is not limited to:
- Physical or mental health details
Our lawful basis for processing this sensitive (special category) data is:
- For music centres, regional orchestras and events = explicit consent
- For music therapy = processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine
For all marketing and feedback where personal information is obtained alongside, and directed at, individuals, and where personal information, such as photographs/videos, are used for publicity purposes, the lawful basis for the processing of this data is:
- Who we may share your information with
Where we provide services in partnership, your personal information may be shared with the Music Hub partner(s) involved in the performance of your contract, as necessary to it. We currently share with:
- Warwickshire Schools/Academies for the provision of instrumental/vocal lessons, instrument hire and special projects and events.
- Solihull and Coventry music services for our Regional Strings Orchestra and Regional Youth Orchestra
- Warwickshire Youth Choirs for our vocal programme and group activities
Aggregated data is shared with Arts Council England and Warwickshire Music Hub partners – no individual data is given and no pupil can be personally identified.
We use an external software system, provided by Paritor, to host data under contract to request and record information. Paritor will only access data to resolve technical problems under strict contractual terms. The system is hosted within the EEA.
- How long we will hold your information
We will keep your information for as long as necessary to the purposes stated above and as the law requires.
Records concerning children, not including the below, will generally be kept for a period of DOB + 25 years in keeping with pupil files.
Music Therapy case files will be retained for a period of time appropriate to the patient/speciality.
Information gathered for contract purposes will be kept 6 years from end of contract.
Financial records will be retained 6 years from end of financial year the record concerns.
Images and their corresponding consent forms will be reviewed yearly as to their ongoing relevance in keeping and retained in line with each other. If you withdraw consent both will be deleted/destroyed where appropriate/relevant.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing we will delete your email from our marketing list immediately.
Please note: all stated retention periods will be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention.
- Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy of, or a description of, the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Find out how to request this using the online secure form.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Requests may be made by email to: email@example.com.
See our overall privacy notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
- You may also be interested in