Warwickshire County Council is creating a new £140 million fund to stimulate the county’s economy, create jobs, support local businesses, and bring investment into the county.
The Warwickshire Recovery Investment Fund (WRIF) specifically addresses a gap that has been identified in the market for access to finance. The aim is to distribute £140 million over the next five years, offering loans and other financial investments to existing and new businesses to help their long-term recovery and growth.
The investment is a fundamental part of the Council’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan – and together with other support from the Council – is expected to create over 3,000 new jobs and safeguard many thousands more.
The WRIF will comprise of three pillars of support:
- Business Investment Growth –Debt finance to growing medium and larger businesses with sound prospects (£90 million).
- Local Communities and Enterprise – Smaller loans in order to support small businesses, including start-ups and social enterprises (£10 million).
- Property and Infrastructure – Investment in commercial sites and premises to encourage businesses to invest in Warwickshire and create jobs. (£40 million). This third pillar will also be launched in early 2022.
There is more information on the Fund and the process for applying in the WRIF Prospectus.
The Business Investment Growth Fund is now open to expressions of interest.
- Register your interest in the Business Investment Growth Fund and to request a call back from one of our advisors
The LCE Fund is now live and accepting applications. The fund manager for the LCE is Coventry & Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust,
- For further information please visit the CWRT LCE web page Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust website
LCE case studies
- Solarvision Lighting Technologies - Case Study (PDF, 561KB)
- CAE TECH - Case Study
- Mari Carmen Fitness - Case Study
The Property and Infrastructure Fund will be launched in 2022. Further updates will be published on these pages.
- To register your interest, please email: email@example.com