Bikeability cycle training for schools
Bikeability cycle training equips pupils with the skills, confidence and enthusiasm to make more journeys by bicycle.
There are three Bikeability cycle training levels which takes children from the basics of learning to ride, all the way to planning and making independent journeys on busier roads. There is funding in the county for schools to receive:
- Bikeability Balance ( Early Years Foundation): Balance bike training
- Bikeability Learn to Ride (Years 1-6) Training to help non-riders to cycle for the first time
- Bikeability Level 1 (Years 3-4): Off-road cycle training to help pupils master control of their cycles
- Bikeability Level 2 (Years 5-7): On-road cycle training on residential roads
- Bikeability Level 3 (Year 6+): On road cycle training in more complex traffic and road environments.
Community Cycle Training
One-to-One Cycle Skills Training - this is also our community offering for adults too
Cycle training is one of the best ways to boost your confidence on two wheels. Whether you are getting on a bike for the first time, a rusty rider looking to get back in the saddle or a regular cyclist looking for route specific advice, we provide tailored sessions to suit your individual abilities and goals.
We offer tailored sessions for:
- New Cyclists – learn to ride
- Rusty Riders – returning to cycling
- Residential Riders – boost your confidence cycling on-road
- Advanced Commuters – route planning and refining skills
- Family Riders – see our Bikeability Family training
Our family friendly and fun led rides can be run along on and off-road routes taking in the countryside and exploring local cycle routes.
- Cycle Seminars: Interactive sessions offering support and guidance to encourage employees to start cycling to work as well as supporting those who do cycle with tips and advice on how to improve their commute.
- Cycle Skills Sessions: Whether colleagues are looking to get on a bike for the first time or are regular cyclists looking to improve their skills and route planning, we can provide tailored one-to-one and groups courses to suit individual abilities and goals.
- Led Rides: Our friendly and fun led rides can be run along on and off-road routes taking in the countryside and exploring local cycle routes to work.