FAQs and how to apply
1. I need support with my application. Whom can I speak to?
You can get support with completing your application from Community and Voluntary Action (CAVA). To find out contact details of the Funding and Group Development Officer for your area, please visit their website. If you are experiencing issues with completing your application or if you require the application form in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Can I start my application and return to it later?
No, you will need to complete the application in one go. We reccomend that you use the 'list of questions' documents provided to prepare your answers before making your submission. You can make the PDF document editable in word processing software by following this simple guide.
3. If I am successful, when will I get the money?
- Grants over £350 take approximately 12 weeks to administer from the deadline date.
- Grants under £350 will take approximately eight weeks to administer from the deadline date.
4. What are the examples of projects funded by the grants of up to £350?
The grants of up to £350 are designed to support grassroots organisations and one-off purchases. For example, if you are a village hall looking for funding for a new lawn mower, or you are an arts and crafts group looking for some materials to set up your activities, this would be types of projects which could be supported through small grants.
5. Can the grant cover the cost of something I already purchased or work already carried out?
No, the grant does not cover retrospective funding or past purchases.
6. I am looking for funding for a Christmas related project. When should I apply to the Councillors’ Grant Fund?
Although the grants usually launch in two rounds, it is advisable that you apply for funding in Round 1 to guarantee that, if successful, you will receive funding in time for Christmas projects.
7. Can I apply for up to £350 grant for a piece of equipment and then apply for a larger amount in the same round for another project?
It is recommended that you submit one application for over £350 and include both of your projects within a single application form.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 26 November at 5pm.