Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For support and advice about council services please call 01926 410410.

If you are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and need support call the Hotline on 0800 408 1447

If you are an adult caring for someone aged 0-25 who has SEND, you can request a carer’s assessment through the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), or ask your social worker if you have one. If you have requested a social care assessment for your child or children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) you may wish to request a carer’s assessment at the same time.

Before your assessment it will be useful to think about:

  • how you would describe your caring role
  • if you look after anyone else, for example, family, children
  • maintaining a habitable home to live in
  • your ability to go shopping and prepare meals for yourself and your family
  • developing and maintaining family or other significant personal relationships
  • any affects becoming a carer could have on your job, training, education or volunteering
  • if you have any leisure time
  • other support available to you or the person you care for

After the assessment, a support plan will be put together.