Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

If you are a carer of any age or someone with caring responsibility for someone who cannot cope without your help support is available via the new service Caring Together Warwickshire.

  • Freephone 0800 197 5544
  • Opening times Mon, Wed, Fri 9am to 5pm Tues and Thurs 9am to 8pm Sat 9am to 2pm.

Adult carers caring for an adult or young carers can access a carers assessment. Parent carers will also be able to access general support, but assessments will be carried out via the Parent Carer Support Pathway. There are also hubs and support groups available across Warwickshire which can help you.

Caring for someone with Dementia

The Dementia Connect service can support anyone living with dementia or caring for someone with dementia. The service provides personalised advice and practical and emotional support, helping you and your loved ones at all stages of dementia.

For more information visit Living well with Dementia.

Alternatively, please contact Dementia Connect today by phone or email.

Opening times:

  • Monday to Wednesday - 9am to 8pm
  • Thursday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
  • Saturday to Sunday - 10am to 4pm

The service is provided by Alzheimer's Society and funded by Warwickshire County Council.

Mental Health Carers Service

What we do

Specialist Carer Workers employed by WCC and Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust (CWPT) offer a specialist support service to carers who are caring for a person who is experiencing a severe and enduring mental disorder and in receipt of support from secondary mental health services delivered by Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust.

Their role is to focus on the needs, health and wellbeing of carers to ensure they are supported with caring.

They can provide:

  • carers assessments and support plans
  • one to one emotional support and telephone support
  • support to find out more about mental health diagnosis and treatments
  • information, support and groups for carers
  • help to find employment, leisure, education and volunteering opportunities
  • a one-off direct payment to assist with carer breaks or activities that will improve the carer’s health and wellbeing (depending on assessment)
  • signposting to services
  • carer events, workshops and information about carer groups

Are you a carer?

A carer regularly provides unpaid physical, practical or emotional support to a friend, partner, family member or a neighbour.

Some people provide care because they feel they have a duty to because they love or care for that person and they may find it to be a rewarding experience. However, they may also find it has an impact on their own physical and emotional health and day‐to‐day life.

This is why support is available to help identify any needs you may have as a carer and provide necessary information and support.

How to refer to our service

If you are over the age of 18 and the person you care for is in receipt of support from secondary mental health services delivered by Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust, please request a referral from the service user's care coordinator.

More information about carer support, groups and carer assessments.

Update cookies preferences