Welcoming you back to Warwickshire’s great towns
Open to Change
Our local High Streets are delighted to welcome you back with (socially distanced) open arms.
Many shops have used the lockdown time to adapt and come up with fresh product lines, spruce up their shops, or develop new delivery services.
Remember to always wear a face covering when you’re shopping, in enclosed spaces and on public transport. On 24 July, it became compulsory for those who can, to wear a face covering.
People who don’t have to wear a face covering include:
- Children under 11 years old
- Those who cannot for health reasons
More info on when to where a face covering, and how to make your own.
We’re all in this together – wear a face covering to help protect others.
Eat Out to Help Out
Local businesses have done a great job at adapting to social distancing rules and making things safer for their customers. The best thing we can do now is to support them by shopping and eating as locally as possible.
Under the government’s new Eat Out to Help Out scheme, people enjoying a pub lunch or restaurant meal at a participating eatery will be able to eat half price, with a maximum discount of £10-per-person, in August.
Tips for shopping safely
- Keep to the government guidelines at all times including social distancing and handwashing.
- Plan your journey – cycle or walk if you can – better for your health and the environment – a win-win!
- Parking – if you need to drive, try to park further out.
- Be patient – leave lots of time to get about and be mindful of those around you.
- No shortcuts – it may be tempting to reach in front of someone if they have spent too long pondering which shade of paint would look best on their lounge wall but try to resist.
- Minimise contact with surfaces – use contactless and resist the urge to squidge the fluffy cushions on the homewares section if you aren’t going to buy it!
- Be kind – every shop is different so it may take a little time to get things right.
- Support your high street online – many of your local businesses now offer delivery and click’n’collect. Make a conscious effort to research them or ask around for recommendations.
Moving around towns safely
We are working with our partners at the Districts, Boroughs and BIDs to get measures into place which will help you and the businesses to get around safely.