Local economic assessment
As a result of the 2010 Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act, local authorities are required to undertake an assessment of the performance of their local economy. These local economic assessments aim to provide local authorities and partners with a common understanding of the local economic conditions, which in turn can shape and inform a range of local strategies and policies.
Given the strong relationship and interdependencies between Coventry and Warwickshire’s economy, a single local economic assessment was undertaken covering this functional economic area. The Coventry and Warwickshire economic assessment was published in March 2011:
- Coventry and Warwickshire economic assessment (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Local economic assessment key summary (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Innovation topic paper (PDF, 590 KB)
- Future sectoral growth topic paper (PDF, 570 KB)
- Functional economic geography topic paper (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Business starts and growth topic paper (PDF, 236 KB)
In support of this economic assessment, a number of supporting topic papers were also developed. These provide additional data and analysis on particular key issues.