There are some services for the person that you care for so that you can have a break, including:
- personal care
- day opportunities outside the home
- providing replacement care at home – known as a ‘sitting service’
- longer periods of respite care in a residential home
- equipment and/or assistive technology – for example, telecare
- home adaptations that may be available to make the home a safer and more accessible place to live.
- supported housing for those with disabilities
There are some organisations that can help with this. Find out more about other services available.