If you provide regular unpaid emotional or physical support to a friend, neighbour, family member or member of the community, you are a carer. Your age and the range of support you give do not matter. 

Types of support

You may qualify for free support including:

  • emotional support (one-to-one or group)
  • social activities and discussion groups
  • opportunities to meet other carers with similar caring roles
  • specialist information and support
  • advice on getting equipment or aids for the person you care for (for example telecare)
  • advice on accessing statutory assessment and support

If you think you might need advocacy support, you can contact the Caring Together Warwickshire to discuss how they may be able to help you. The service works closely with advocacy agencies to support carers as part of their support, information and advice service. Or you can contact Voice Ability which provides carers with free, independent and confidential advocacy under the Care Act.