Please talk to the Admissions Service if you have been refused a place at the school you prefer. You will be advised about schools that have places available and provided with other useful information, such as reserve lists for those in the transfer year group. It is very important to do this even if you are going to submit an appeal.
Phone – 01926 742037
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for 2014-15
Appeals for year 7 entry from September 2014
- National Secondary Offer Day – Monday 3 March 2014
- Deadline for lodging appeals – Monday 31 March 2014
- Appeals received by 31 March 2014 must be heard by – Monday 16 June 2014
- Appeals received after 31 March 2014 will be heard by Monday 16 June 2014 where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Appeals for Reception (and year 3 entry if transferring to a Junior School) from September 2014
- Primary Offer Day – Wednesday 16 April 2014
- Deadline for lodging appeals – Monday 2 June 2014
- Appeals received by 2 June 2014 must be heard by – Friday 5 September 2014
- Appeals received after 2 June 2014 will be heard by Friday 5 September 2014 where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Appeals for Sixth Form places from September 2014
Where the offer of a place is conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results.
Where the offer of a place is not conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
Please contact the school directly for information regarding individual sixth form arrangements.
In Year Admissions (outside of the normal round of entry)
In year (or casual) admission appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Your appeal will be acknowledged by letter within 5 school days of receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within a week of lodging your appeal, contact us on 0845 155 1793 as a matter of urgency.
Notification of the details of appeal(s) will be sent out at least 10 school days before the hearing.
Confirmation of the hearing details and the papers relating to your appeal will be sent out to all parties at least 7 school days before the appeal.
We must receive any additional supporting documents at least 5 school days before the hearing. Unfortunately, we will not accept additional information after this date. If you wish to submit further information after this deadline you must take 6 copies to the hearing and notify the Clerk as soon as possible when you arrive.
Information not submitted in accordance with the above may not be considered at the appeal. The appeal panel will decide whether such material will be considered, taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing. Therefore, we strongly advise you to comply with this deadline.
The Independent Appeals Panel’s decision will be sent to you within 5 school days of the hearing, where possible.
If you have any queries about the process, please see the help guides or contact the School Appeals Service.
Phone – 0845 155 1793
Email – email@example.com