Warwickshire Trading Standards has a partnership with two approved trader schemes, helping residents to find a professional Trading Standards vetted trader.
‘No Rogue Traders Here’ is an approved trader scheme with a difference, putting consumers in touch with traders who have been fully vetted. Warwickshire Trading Standards now has a partnership with ‘No Rogue Traders Here’ (NRTH).
- Approved by Trading Standards
- Bankruptcy and identity checked
- Home and business addresses verified
- Licences and insurance verified
- Monitored on both quality & price
- Interviewed before being admitted to the scheme
The scheme is very user friendly:
- The consumer registers with the scheme and provides details of what type of work they need
NRTH contact their pool of vetted traders and provide the consumer with up to 3 company profiles of traders that meet the requirements and qualifications for the job.
- The consumer then contacts these traders (and sometimes vice-versa) and arranges for them to visit and quote for the job.
- The consumer considers the quotes and chooses the trader they want to use.
- Unlike other schemes, ‘No Rogue Traders Here’, in the unlikely event of a dispute between trader and customer, will step in to find a resolution. If they need to they will also visit the property to assess the work carried out first hand.
‘No Rogue Traders Here’ vetted traders include: Builders – Roofers – Plumbers – Double Glazing – Central Heating & Boilers – Electricians – Carpenters – Decorators – Bathrooms – Kitchens – Driveways.
They also have handymen who will carry out small jobs.
To find out more and register, visit: No Rogue Traders Here or phone 0800 233 5000.
The scheme is already supported by Birmingham, Solihull, Dudley and Wolverhampton Trading Standards Services.
The Buy with Confidence scheme brings together a list of gardeners, plumbers, builders, electricians and many other types of businesses from across the county which have been individually checked (by Warwickshire Trading Standards), for trustworthiness and compliance with consumer protection laws.
Traders are only accepted onto the Buy with Confidence Scheme if they pass stringent checks carried out by Trading Standards.
How do you find an approved trader?
Search for Trading Standards approved traders from Warwickshire and surrounding areas by visiting the Buy with Confidence website.