Apply for vehicle vouchers
Please read our HWRC vehicle restriction policy (PDF, 133.67 KB) and fill in an application form to apply for vehicle vouchers.
Please note that:
- vouchers will not be issued if the household has a car
- vouchers will not be issued for transit type vehicles or any vehicle which has a legal gross weight of over 3.5 tonnes
- vouchers will not be issued for hired or borrowed vans
- vehicle vouchers do not allow you to dispose or commercial (trade) waste
- vouchers do not allow unlimited quantities of waste to be deposited at household waste recycling centres
- building waste is not classified as household waste and will not be accepted free of charge.
You must return:
- the completed and signed application form
- a copy of your VC5 vehicle registration document
If you are applying for vouchers for a company vehicle you must also enclose a letter from your employer stating that personal use of the vehicle is permitted.
Copies of the vehicle voucher application form are also available on request at all household waste recycling centres