Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

How to get started

You are required to write to the school stating your intention to home educate and the school will inform us at the local authority.

The school will take your child off roll and assume no further responsibility for your child’s education.

Children with special educational needs

You have a right to educate your child at home if your child has special educational needs (SEN) whether or not they have a statement or education, health and care plan (EHCP).

You must seek prior consent from us to de-register your child from school if your child attends a special school.

If your child has a statement or education, health and care plan (EHCP) in place we have a legal duty to ensure the child's needs are met.

Relationships with school

If you have had a disagreement with the school, try to resolve it as soon as you can.

It is not wise to take your child out of school and educate them at home without exploring a resolution to the disagreement.

We would advise you to speak with the headteacher or contact us to help you broker a discussion and agree the best way forward which is acceptable to you and in your child's best interests.

If you are feeling pressured into starting home education, speak to us so we can provide you with support.

Update cookies preferences