Information on Bikeability
Bikeability cycle training equips pupils with the skills, confidence and enthusiasm to make more journeys by bicycle.
There are three Bikeability cycle training levels which takes children from the basics of learning to ride, all the way to planning and making independent journeys on busier roads. There is funding in the county for schools to receive:
- Bikeability Balance ( Early Years Foundation): Balance bike training
- Bikeability Learn to Ride (Years 1-6) Training to help non-riders to cycle for the first time
- Bikeability Level 1 (Years 3-4): Off-road cycle training to help pupils master control of their cycles
- Bikeability Level 2 (Years 5-7): On-road cycle training on residential roads
- Bikeability Level 3 (Year 6+): On road cycle training in more complex traffic and road environments.