Obstructing roads and double parking your vehicle could simply mean the difference between firefighters attending a fatality or saving a life.
Follow these five easy steps to help you park it right:
- Park close to the kerb – a little distance makes a big difference.
- Mirrors in – moving your mirrors in can create even more space for a fire engine to get through.
- Park straight – it might be easier for you to get out, but if our engines can’t get by, someone else may suffer the consequences.
- Straighten your wheels – every little helps.
- Junctions and bends – a fire engine needs more space than you might think. Parking on a junction or a bend may stop us getting to where we need to.
Our 5 Steps To Park It Right (PDF, 755.96 KB) guide will make people more aware of how simple it is to park it right and save a life. Please share these as necessary.