Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire Resilience Team
The Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire (CSW) Resilience Team provides the emergency planning function for the county and shares the service with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and Coventry City Council.
Both teams operate a 24/7 duty officer system for an effective response to any incident occurring in the area. The Resilience Team covers an area of 870 sq miles serving a resident population of over a million.
The work of the CSW Resilience Team is set out by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The act places a number of duties on local authorities which CSW Resilience carries out. This includes the duty to:
- Assess the risk of an emergency occurring
- Put emergency plans in place
- Make sure there are plans in place to manage business continuity
- Share information with other local responders to improve coordination
- Cooperate with other local responders to enhance coordination and efficiency
- Offer advice and help to businesses and voluntary organisations to ensure business continuity in an emergency
- Make information available to the public about civil protection matters, and maintain arrangements to warn, inform and advise the public in an emergency.