The Stratford park and ride (Bishopton) has free parking all day with buses every 10-15 minutes which go directly to Stratford Town Centre. The car park is a secure site with CCTV an supervisors always on site. The information on this page is for the Bishopton park and ride only.
- Further information
- Rosebird Centre Park & Ride – Waitrose to Stratford town centre
Daily, weekly and monthly tickets can be purchased from the bus driver. Fares are for the Bishopton park and ride only.
|Child (under 16)||Before 09:00 Mondays to Fridays||£0.70 each way|
|Child (under 16)||After 09:00 Mondays to Fridays||£0.75 return|
|Mini family ticket||1 adult and up to 2 children||£1.70|
|Maxi family ticket||2 adult and up to 4 children||£3|
|Group ticket||Up to 5 adults||£5|
|Quarterly season pass||Purchased from Johnsons Coaches *||£60|
|Annual pass||Purchased from Johnsons Coaches *||£200|
* Quarterly and annual tickets are 60% cheaper than the equivalent town centre car park season tickets. These tickets can be purchased from Johnsons Coaches by calling 01564 797000, or by collecting an application form from the customer services building on site.
For the Waitrose park and ride fares and information, please visit Johnsons Coaches: Southern Park & Ride – Waitrose to Stratford town centre
Concessionary bus pass holders
- Warwickshire Concessionary Bus Pass Holders – Free after 09:00 Mondays to Fridays and all day Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Non Warwickshire Concessionary Bus Pass Holders can only Park and Ride for Free after 09:30 Mondays to Fridays and all day Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Offer 1 – Late Maxi family ticket discount
- For customers arriving at the Stratford Park and Ride after 15:00. Reduced charge for a Maxi Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 4 children) from £3.00 to £2.00
- Offer 2 – Tourist and visitor Maxi family ticket discount
- For tourists and visitors who have made an advanced booking for a local theatre, restaurant and/or hotel (proof of hotel stay required, theatre visit or restaurant booking required). Reduced charge for a Maxi Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 4 children) from £3.00 to £2.00 (all day)
- Hotel guests are able leave their unoccupied car at the Stratford Park and Ride site during their overnight stay in the town and return on the Stratford Park and Ride bus service to collect their car the following day.
Journey takes approx 10-12 minutes from the car park to the town centre.
|Days||Frequency||Site open||First bus leaves||Last return from|
|Mondays to Saturdays||Every 10-15 mins||07:30 to 23:30||07:35||Bridge Street – 23:15
Wood Street 23:17
|Summer Sundays*||Every 15 mins||09:30 to 19:30||10:00||Bridge Street – 19:00
Wood Street 19:02
|Bank Holidays||Every 15 mins||09:30 to 23:30||10:00||Bridge Street – 23:15
Wood Street 23:17
*First Sunday in April to last Sunday in Sept
The Stratford Park and Ride is closed on:
- Sundays (first Sunday in October to last Sunday in March)
- Christmas Day
Parking overnight on the Stratford Park and Ride site is not allowed. Please use the off-street car parks in the town centre operated by Stratford-on-Avon District Council.
Stratford Park and Ride is located off Bishopton Lane near to the roundabout with the A46 (T) and the A3400 Birmingham Road. Signs have been provided on the approach roads from the north and west to direct drivers to the site.
When using sat nav systems, please input postcode - CV37 9QY
Drop off and boarding points
Vehicle height restrictions
A height restriction barrier of 2.1m (6’-10”) is in place at the Stratford Park and Ride site situated near the entrance to the car park. Vehicles above this height will not be permitted.
Pets / animals
No animals are permitted entry onto both the Stratford-upon-Avon Park and Ride site and bus service except for Guide Dogs.
Environmentally friendly buses
The Stratford Park and Ride bus service is operated by state-of-the-art hybrid buses, combining electric and diesel power to deliver fuel savings, thus producing fewer emissions and less noise than conventional diesel buses. We actively support environmentally friendly transport and is proud that Stratford Park and Ride will be running the first hybrid bus service in the Midlands.
Low floor easy access
The low floor Hybrid buses are also fully accessible to mobility impaired customers.
A fully accessible toilet is located in Customer Services Building.
Stratford Park and Ride is included in the local Warwickshire Concessionary Travel Scheme operated by the County Council. The local scheme offers free travel on bus services in Warwickshire for Warwickshire concessionary bus pass holders after 9am weekdays.
However, non Warwickshire concessionary bus pass holders comply with the national minimum concessionary scheme – with the off peak time limits for when you can use your concessionary bus pass being from 9.30am on weekdays. Therefore, if a non Warwickshire concessionary bus pass holder attempts to use their pass on the Stratford Park and Ride before 9.30am weekdays, it will not be accepted.