Arson threatens lives and damages property. Many fires are started deliberately in refuse/wheelie bins and grass areas.
Top tips for reducing the threat of arson:
- Report abandoned refuse to your local council
- Look after your wheelie bin. If possible place out on the morning of collection and return to your property as soon as possible after collection
- If you hire a skip, ensure that it is emptied as soon as it can be to reduce the risk of it becoming a target for arson
- Do not leave a build-up of rubbish at the front of your property. Get it removed as soon as possible
- Raise all incidents of arson, even the small fires, with your local neighbourhood watch members, the police and local fire station personnel.
If you spot a a nuisance fire, e.g bonfire please contact your District or Borough Council.
- Warwick District Council
- Stratford District Council
- Rugby Borough Council
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service are regularly called to fires which members of the public believe to be emergencies but, on attendance, are found to be bonfires or land clearance.
Please let us know if you are planning a type of controlled burning, which will be visible to passers-by. For example:
- A sizeable bonfire in your garden or on other land
- Any sort of fire on farmland
- Stubble burning
Please call our non-emergency number: 01926 423231.