If you are worried about your own, or someone else’s drinking, our useful links and services can provide you with expert information, support and guidance on:
- recommended levels of consumption;
- health risks associated with alcohol misuse;
- advice and tips on talking to your teenager about alcohol;
- services for people who want to stop drinking; and
- support groups for families, carers and friends affected by alcohol misuse.
Advice and information
NHS Choices has information on alcohol and its effects as well as tips and tools to help you track and cut down your drinking.
The “Why Let Drink Decide?” leaflets provide useful information, advice and tips for parents and teenagers on the subject of young people and their use of alcohol.
- Why Let Drink Decide Young Peoples Leaflet (pdf, 1,026.6 Mb)
- Why Let Drink Decide Parents Leaflet (pdf, 926 Kb)
- Working with Young People Using Alcohol (pdf, 199 Kb)
Contact Compass Warwickshire for drug and alcohol advice, information and specialist treatment on freephone 08000 88 72 48. The service is available between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Please leave a message if your call isn’t answered – someone will get back to you.
18 or over?
The Recovery Partnership offers drug and alcohol advice, information, needle exchange services, a range of treatment options including prescribing, detoxification, 1-to1 support, structured day programmes, aftercare and support for parents and carers.
|Nuneaton & North Warwickshire||37-38 Coton Rd|
|Tel: 02476 641100|
Fax: 02476 388060
|Rugby||1 Regent Place|
|Tel: 01788 569582|
Fax: 01788 562576
|Stratford & South Warwickshire||Stratford Healthcare|
|Tel: 01789 206770|
Fax: 01789 417750
|Leamington & Warwick||16 Court St|
|Tel: 01926 885000|
Fax: 01926 435198
|Coventry||8 Ironmonger Row|
|Tel: 02476 630135|
Fax: 02476 234686
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
Other useful services
ESH run a service user involvement, peer mentoring and family support service for those affected by drugs or alcohol. They also offer a range of volunteering opportunities.
Mutual support groups and drop-in sessions are available to anyone with a drug or alcohol addiction. Separate groups are also available for family members and friends affected by addiction:
- Drop-in sessions: 12-2pm
- Addiction mutual support groups: 3-4.30pm
- Family mutual support groups: 6-7.30pm
These sessions are available on the following days and venues:
- Monday: 56 Regent Street, Rugby, CV21 2 PS
- Tuesday: 24A Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5TW
- Wednesday: 9A Althorpe Street,Leamington, CV31 2 AU
- Thursday: Stratford Healthcare, Arden Street, Stratford, CV37 6HJ
Housing Related Support
Swanswell offer practical support to help people with alcohol problems maintain their accommodation and become more independent. Contact Swanswell on 01788 559400 for more information.
Alcohol Awareness Training
Please contact The Recovery Partnership at Coventry for course details and booking.