Use your library account to:
- renew your books and other loans
- request items from the library catalogue
- check your outstanding requests
- check your loan history
- create reading lists
- write reviews in the library catalogue
- update your personal details.
Please see information about your library card and PIN on this page. If you still have problems signing into your account, please contact us.
Your library card number
Where is your library card number?
Your library card number is the eight digit number above the barcode on your library card and key fob. Some numbers include an X. Ignore any spaces.
Lost your card?
If you need a replacement card please contact us as soon as is convenient. Please visit a library to replace your card, bringing one form of id. There is a charge to replace a card – library costs and fines.
Use your PIN, with your library card number, to sign into your library account; book and start a computer session; read eBooks and eNewspapers online.
What is your PIN?
It is one of the following:
- the first four letters (lower case) of your surname (or less if your name is shorter) if you joined the library before the 21st of September 2007 or;
- your date of birth using 8 digits (ddmmyyyy) if you joined on or after the 21st of September 2007 or;
- a combination of numbers and / or letters that you have specified.
Forgotten your PIN or your PIN doesn’t work.
Change your PIN
To improve the security of your information, change your PIN to a combination of numbers and letters (up to eight characters) that only you know.
Change your PIN – sign in and select ‘Personal data’, then select ‘Change your PIN’.
Your membership lasts for two years at a time. Every two years we ask you to confirm that you still want to be a member and that all the contact details and other information you have given us are still correct.