|Page 1||Eligibility criteria|
|Page 2||The cost of transport|
|Page 3||Making your application|
|Page 4||Warwickshire College financial support arrangements|
|Page 5||Travel payments|
|Page 6||Useful contacts|
Applicants must be aged under 19 on 31 August before the course starts to qualify for
If you are applying for a direct travel payment you must:
- be attending the nearest local authority maintained school, foundation school, academy or maintained college offering the chosen course (if applying for a direct travel payment)
- be studying a full time course (at least 540 guided learning hours per year)
- be more than two miles away from the nearest pick up point/bus stop.
All seats are allocated on a first-come first-served basis and students are not guaranteed a place.
You will not qualify for assistance if:
- you are applying for Higher Education courses for which you may apply for a mandatory grant
- you are 19 years of age or older on 1 September at the start of your course
- you have not paid the annual or termly charge, or agreed to pay by standing order
- you are in full time employment or on an equivalent training scheme.
Applicants will be allocated to services based on the categories below.
The categories are listed in order of priority (highest first):
- Category 1 – students who have travelled on the service they are requesting in the previous academic year.
- Category 2 – Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service requested, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term.
- Category 3 – non-Warwickshire residents who have not previously travelled on the service requested, or who are asking for a different bus service to the one travelled on in the previous academic term.