Applying for infant, junior and primary school in September 2019
You can apply online for children due to start school in Reception, or transfer to Year 3 in a junior school, from
9am on Monday 17 September 2018
You must have submitted your application by 5pm on 15 January 2019.
If you apply after this time we will not process your application until after the first round of offers have been released on 16 April 2019.
We strongly advise you to read the admission arrangements for 2019
All enquiries about the school admissions process should be sent through to our team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do
- Parents must apply for a school place through their Local Authority (the county where you live)
- Parents may apply for a place at any preferred state school (maximum of six).
- Private school applications cannot be completed through the admission services and can be contacted directly to the school you are interested to know the admission process.
- Special school applications cannot be completed through admissions service. For more information please contact the SENDAR team on 01926742160.
- Non-Warwickshire schools can be listed on the Warwickshire application form
- If you live within a school’s priority area, you have more chance of your child being offered a place at that school (LA maintained schools only. Academies and Voluntary aided – faith – schools have their own orders of priority when considering applications)
- Living within the priority area does not guarantee an offer of a place at that school as there may be more applicants living within the priority area than the number of places available
- Warwickshire residents are encouraged to apply online
- The Headteacher can tell you about the admission arrangements and the opportunities to visit the school
- Places are offered according to the admissions criteria. Late applications will be only be considered after the National Offer Day on 16th April 2019.
You must comply with the deadlines set by your Local (Home) Authority.
Deferred entry into Reception
If you are interested in applying for your child to defer their entry to school you should first read through the following guidance:
- Guidance Notes relating to the education of children outside of their chronological year group (DOC, 313.5 KB)
You must also complete the below request form in full and return it to Warwickshire Admissions Service by: 3rd December 2018. Failure to do so by this deadline may result in your request not being processed in line with the coordinated admissions process.
- Request for deferred entry to school Children due to start school in Reception in September 2019 (DOC, 171.5 KB)
The closing date for on time applications has now passed. If your child is due to start school in September 2018, please call our service on: 01926 414143 as soon as possible to make a late application.
Offer Day (16th April 2018) is the day we inform parents/carers of their allocated school place (made on time) offered for their child.
All parents/carers of children who have applied on time and online for a Primary, Infant or Junior school place will receive a notification email on 16th April 2019. Although emails will be sent from 8.30am, we will send these in batches so please be patient if you do not hear from us straight away. If you applied for your child’s school place online, but have not received email confirmation of which school your child has been offered by 5pm on 16th April, then please contact us.
The email will contain a link to your online account. Once the email is received the place can be accepted online. Declining your offer can only be done over the phone or via email and alternative schooling arrangements must be confirmed before this is processed.
If you have forgotten your log in details for your online account please contact the Admissions Team on 01926 414143.
All other on-time Applications
Where parents/carers who have applied on time for a place at a Primary, Infant or Junior school via another method (eg: over the phone), you will receive a letter confirming your child’s allocated school place from 16th April 2018. We cannot guarantee that posted letters will be received by this date but if you have not received any communication from us by Tuesday 23rd April then please contact us.
For information on open days, please refer to the school’s website.
Timetable for September 2019 entry:
|From 3 September 2018||Information letters posted to parents of children due to start school in September 2019, and children attending Year 2 in a Warwickshire infant school who will need to transfer to Year 3 at a junior school in September 2019|
|15th January 2019||National deadline for submitting an on time school application, for entry into Reception or Year 3 in September 2019|
|1st February 2019||Extended deadline for families moving into, or within, the county to submit their school application. Proof of the new address must also be provided by this date. Acceptable forms of proof of address are outlined in our admission arrangements: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/schoollacriteria|
|16th April 2019||NATIONAL OFFER DAY – Reception and Year 3 (junior schools only) offers released to families|
|23rd April 2019||Deadline to accept or decline the school offer made|
|3rd June 2019||In-year applications can be submitted from this date, for entry in September 2019:|