Why supported living?
In a supported living scheme, you can make your own decisions about how you want to live but still get help with managing your home.
Some of the benefits of supported living include:
- a proper home for you to live in
- more choice and control
- giving you more responsibility to live independently
- accommodation matched more closely to what you need
- you would have more rights – if the support package is not meeting your needs, the service provider can be changed, rather than you having to move home
- you can still live close to your family and friends
Some individuals, including those with the most complex needs, have been successfully supported in their own homes using this scheme.