Skills and training
Coventry and Warwickshire is well served by local colleges and universities. The area is at the forefront of university technical colleges (UTCs).
- 54,000 students studying at the University of Warwick and Coventry University. Both universities have strong links to advanced engineering.
- Over 100,000 graduates per year from 15 universities within a one-hour drive of Coventry and Warwickshire.
- The WMG Academy for Young Engineers for 14 to 18-year olds is led by businesses and Warwick University.
- The MIRA Academy supports engineering skills for MIRA Technology Park staff with support from four local universities and colleges.
- Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre delivers training and experience on real-life projects – from apprenticeship programmes to executive level training.
- Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Unipart Manufacturing Group and Coventry University bring together the best in academia, industry and research and development in a live manufacturing environment to develop industry-ready engineering graduates.