Direct travel payments (students aged 16 to 19 only)
If no suitable Warwickshire County Council service or public transport operates within 2 miles of your home address, an annual direct travel payment of £110 (or £220 if the student is from a low-income family) may be available.
If you are applying for a direct travel payment you must:
- be attending the nearest local authority maintained school, foundation school, academy or maintained college offering the chosen course (if applying for a direct travel payment)
- be studying a full time course (at least 540 guided learning hours per year)
- be more than two miles away from the nearest pick up point/bus stop.
All seats are allocated on a first-come first-served basis and students are not guaranteed a place.
You will not qualify for assistance if:
- you are applying for Higher Education courses for which you may apply for a mandatory grant
- you are 19 years of age or older on 1 September at the start of your course
- you have not paid the annual or termly charge, or agreed to pay by standing order
- you are in full time employment or on an equivalent training scheme.