Vicarage Street Development Site
A 1.74ha mixed use development site in a prime town centre location; this site presents an opportunity to invest and develop this prime location at one of the key entrance points to the town centre. Located on the A444, the link connecting the A5 to Coventry and the south of the County (and the M6) this site has the potential to deliver new facilities for the entire Borough. The site is in sole ownership of the local authorities who have a desire to see a mixed use development potentially including residential and office, supporting its key anchor building a new state-of-the-art Library and Business Centre.
It is within easy access to the train and bus stations and links via a pedestrianised area directly into the town centre retail area. A masterplan (PDF, 10 MB) for the site has been developed to show developers, stakeholders and others what is possible in terms of developing the site. The plan is not set in stone, but rather is designed as a starting point for conversations and demonstrate what could be achieved in terms of scale, size and use.
Abbey Street Development Site
The Abbey Street development site lies to the west of Nuneaton Town Centre covering 2.3 hectares it is within easy reach of the train and bus stations making it an ideal location for new retail and leisure uses. A new Abbey Street masterplan was agreed in October 2020. It looks to grow and enhance the existing leisure offer in the town and bring forward a new hotel, leisure uses, food and beverage outlets and some residential accommodation.
Wider development opportunities – Information Packs
The Transforming Nuneaton Capacity Study identifies other possible development opportunities in the town centre for interested parties to explore; these have been identified based on location, opportunity, strong links to existing infrastructure and or uses and have the capacity to be enhanced and or developed in support of the Transforming Nuneaton vision. These sites are in a mixed of ownership and therefore any development of them will be subject to the current owners permission. Information packs on all identified sites are now available detailing land ownership, development potential and technical site data to help inform interested parties in what the site has to offer.
- Opportunity Site 1: Dugdale Street (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- Opportunity Site 2: Abbey Street
- Opportunity Site 3: Newtown Road (PDF, 3 MB)
- Opportunity Site 4: Harefield Road (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Opportunity Site 5: Abbeygate and Heron House (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Opportunity Site 6: Bondgate Approach (PDF, 4,4 MB)
- Opportunity Site 7: Vicarage Street
- Opportunity Site 8: Railway Station and Beck Street (PDF, 12 MB)
- Opportunity Site 9: Mill Walk (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Opportunity Site 10: Newdegate Street Pocket (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Opportunity Site 11: Bridge Street and Mill Street (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- Opportunity Site 12: New Public Square (PDF, 4.8 MB)