Rights of way and countryside walks

  • Walking in Warwickshire

    Information and advice on how to get the most of  your walk in Warwickshire .

  • Rights of way planning, changes and legal considerations

    Changes to public rights of way can only be made by legal order. Current orders can be viewed online. Applications can be made to the Rights of Way team to change (create, divert or extinguish) a public right of way on land you own or manage. You can also make a ‘claim’ to add a new path, delete an existing path, or upgrade/downgrade a path (e.g. change a footpath to a bridleway).

  • Country Parks

    Find out about the attractions and activities you can take part in, in one of our nine country parks. Entrance to all our country parks is free, you only pay for parking.

  • Reporting rights of way problems

    Report a rights of way fault to highlight problems you have encountered on rights of way (footpaths, bridleways, byways) in Warwickshire. If there is immediate or unavoidable danger to the public you should also report the matter directly to the local police. For roads and pavement faults please visit the report highway problems page instead.

  • Volunteering – country parks

    Volunteers are essential to help our country parks running smoothly and looking great. Find out how you can help here.

  • Definitive map

    The Definitive Map and Statement provide the legal record of public footpaths, bridleways, restricted byways and byways open to all traffic.

  • Rights of way improvement plan (ROWIP)

    The Rights of Way and Recreational Highway Strategy 2011-2026 is Warwickshire’s second Rights of Way Improvement Plan (ROWIP) and forms part of Warwickshire’s third Local Transport Plan (LTP).


Rights of way and countryside walks was last updated on June 20, 2017.