Following a review of services in conjunction with County Council Officers, Johnsons Coaches have announced the following updates to their services to come into force from Monday 25th October 2021 onwards. These updates will provide better routes, efficiencies and timetables for the residents of Warwickshire.
A summary is,
- Services 1, 2 & 3: Will operate via Trinity Mead in both directions to replace service 4. Some timetable adjustments will be made. Journeys on service 3 that extend beyond Ilmington to Shipston and Lower Brailes will be renumbered 75A.
- Service 4: Service withdrawn and replaced by services 1, 2 & 3.
- Services 5A & 5C: Clockwise service 5C will be withdrawn. The anti-clockwise service 5A will revert back to service number 5 & operate hourly.
- Services 6 & 7: Services replaced by new routes 76 & 76A. Loxley & Wellesbourne will be served by extension to service 77.
- Service 50A: Service renumbered 75 (see below) to make better reference to the Stratford – Banbury network of service.
- Service 77: Service extended beyond Kineton to operate to Stratford upon Avon via Wellesbourne & Loxley, and provides an improved 2 hourly frequency between these points. Timetable changes in line with this.
- Service 77A: Service extended beyond Fenny Compton to operate to Banbury every 2 hours. Some journey will operate to Banbury via Farnborough & Avon Dassett to create shopping links into Banbury.
- Service X7: Will operate to a slightly amended timetable and will be renumbered 76X.
- Service 76: Stratford-Ettington-Kineton-Oxhill-Tysoe-Banbury. Oxhill will retain the same number of buses per day, but on a differing timetable. Withdrawal of Loxley (moving onto 77 service) improves journey times into Stratford upon Avon. Together with services 75, 76A & 77 will provide an improved hourly bus frequency between Kineton (77)/Ettington (75, 76A) & Stratford upon Avon.
- Service 76A: Stratford-Ettington-Kineton-Radway-Tysoe-Banbury. Radway & Ratley will retain the same number of buses per day, but on a differing timetable. Withdrawal of Wellesbourne (moving onto 77 service) improves journey times into Stratford upon Avon. Together with services 75, 76 & 77 will provide an improved hourly bus frequency between Kineton (77)/Ettington (75, 76) & Stratford upon Avon.
- Some journeys that incorporate School services will be numbered 76S.
Further details including copies of the new timetables are available on Johnsons Coaches website.