If you have an email address, the easiest way to apply for school places is online.
- Make sure that the Previous School Information Form (PDF, 578 KB) has been completed by your child’s current or most recent school
- Log in to the Parent Portal or create an account if using it for the first time.
- Enter your details (new accounts only).
- A verification email will be sent to in your inbox - click the link and log in (new accounts only).
- Add your child’s details if you haven't added them before.
- As proof of address, upload a copy of one of:
- Council Tax bill for the current financial year
- utilities bill within the last three months
- car insurance policy
- home insurance policy
- signed and dated tenancy agreement
- latest mortgage statement
- Select your preferred schools and upload the Previous School Information Form and any other supplementary information forms or certificates required.
- Click the submit button.
How long does it take?
We aim to process all applications within 10 school days, although this can take longer if any of your school choices do not have space in the required year group. You will be notified if this is the case as soon as possible and issued with an official refusal letter. This will then entitle you to lodge a formal appeal for a place at your preferred school(s).
Applications may also take longer than 10 school days for:
- Children with an Education, Health and Care plan
- Grammar school places
- Children who fall under the Fair Access Protocol (FAP)