Food supply help and advice for residents
Groups in local areas are offering to support individuals in several different ways, including shopping support and delivery of food parcels.
Support for people facing financial hardship
Free school meals
Low-income families whose children are eligible for free school meals will be offered meals for those children by their schools. If they are no longer attending school due to the coronavirus outbreak, they will be offered food parcels instead.
Foodbanks in Warwickshire
Food support if you are in financial difficulty. If you need a food parcel because you’re unable to afford food, contact your local food bank.
Other support for people who are isolating
Local food and drink businesses
(please note this is provided for information only and these businesses are not endorsed by Warwickshire County Council)
- Eat With Ellen - list of Warwickshire food and drink businesses offering delivery
- Food and drink businesses open for delivery or takeaway in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Support Rugby - list of food and drink businesses still trading in Rugby
- Rugby Borough Council directory of local food delivery businesses
Help with food for the homeless
- Helping Hands
- Hope 4 Rugby
- P3 Warwickshire
- LWS Night Shelter - operating a soup kitchen and providing meals to rough sleepers in Leamington Spa
- Khair in the Community - providing hot meals to their day service clients, through the Qwik Curry social eating programme every Tuesday. And via Muslim Community Relations Nuneaton feeding the homeless weekly. All from Edward Street Day Centre.
- Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme
- Love Food Hate Waste - safe food storage and making use of your leftovers
- NHS Change4Life - food facts
- NHS - eat well guide
- Educaterers have produced their first recipe book for inspiring ideas on cooking meals with children (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- Food News (COVID Edition) (PDF, 1.3 MB)