Advice for businesses
All businesses within the targeted testing areas will be required to register their details so that the local authority knows the number of staff employed at that business.
There are different ways for businesses of different sizes to order and return tests:
- Businesses with fewer than 50 staff are encouraged to signpost people to book to take a PCR test at one of the two PCR sites in Nuneaton at Hammond Close, Centenary Business Centre, Attleborough Fields Industrial Estate CV11 6RY – 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday; and from 20 May 2021, at Barling Way, Eliot Park Innovation Centre, Bermuda Park, CV10 7RH.
- Book a PCR test online or ring 119. Alternatively, use one of the new Collect and Drop locations sites launching over the next few days. You can also order a home test, and then post this back, or drop it at one of the Collect and Drop sites. There is no need for people to isolate themselves while they wait for results, as long as they do not show any symptoms.
- Collect a PCR kit to self-test at home from Nuneaton United Reform Church, 2, Church Street (outside the Ropewalk), between 8 and 8 Monday to Friday, and 10-4 Saturday and Sunday. Completed tests can be dropped back to the site or posted in.
- New Collect and Drop community locations are opening this week at Wembrook Community Centre, Manor Court Baptist Church and Edward Street Community Centre. Further information on days and times when these are going live will be published over the next few days.
- Businesses with more than 50 staff can receive a supply of PCR test kits for staff to use at home and bring in the next day for collection. Please complete this online form to register to receive test kits.
- People with Covid-19 symptoms - high temperature; new, continuous cough or loss or change to sense of smell or taste - should self-isolate along with their households and close contacts and arrange to take a PCR test through the usual channel by calling 119 or booking via the NHS website.
It is vital that businesses complete this form to order their testing kits, arrange collection and give details of numbers of staff.
Any employees who are working from home and have not been in the area do not require testing.
Staff do not need to isolate while awaiting test results as long as they do not have symptoms.
Any staff that develop COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, must self-isolate and book a standard COVID-19 test through the NHS or by calling 119.
- a high temperature
- continuous cough
- loss or change to smell or taste
Staff should not attempt to take a symptom-free test.